Proverbs Chapter 18 -
- excuses [G4392] seeks [G2212] A man
wanting [G1014] to separate [G5563] from friends [G5384]; at [G1722] all [G3956] but [G1161] time [G2540] he will be reviled .
- no [G3756] need [G5532] has [G2192] for wisdom [G4678] One lacking [G1729] of sense [G5424]; for rather [G3123][G1063] he is conveyed '
by folly .
- Whenever [G3752] should come [G2064] impious
into [G1519] a depth of evils [G2556], he pays no attention [G2706], and there comes upon [G1904][G1161] him [G1473] dishonor and [G2532] scorn [G3681].
- water [G5204] [is] deep
A word [G3056] in [G1722] heart [G2588] of a man ; and a river [G4215][G1161] jump up and [G2532] a spring [G4077] of life [G2222].
- To admire [G2296] face [G4383] of impious
[is] not [G3756] good [G2570]; nor [G3761] [is it] sacred [G3741] to turn aside [G1578] the [G3588] just [G1342] in [G1722] a judgment [G2920].
- Lips [G5491] of a fool
convey ' him [G1473] into [G1519] evils [G2556]; the [G3588] and [G1161] mouth [G4750] of him '[G1473] the [G3588] bold death [G2288] calls unto [G1941].
- mouth [G4750] of a fool
[is] destruction to him [G1473]; the [G3588] and [G1161] his lips [G5491][G1473] [are] a snare [G3803] for the [G3588] his soul [G5590][G1473].
- lazy [G3636] are thrown down [G2598] by fear [G5401]; and souls [G5590][G1161] of effeminate ones
will hunger [G3983].
- one the [G3588] not [G3361] repairing [G2390] himself [G1438] by [G1722] the [G3588] his works [G2041][G1473] is brother
of the [G3588] [one] laying himself waste [G3075][G1438].
- [is] of [G1537] great [G3172] strength [G2479] name [G3686] [of the] Boss '[G2962]; to it [G1473] and [G1161] running up [G4370] just [G1342] are raised up high [G5312].
- substance [G5223] of a rich [G4145] man
city [G4172] is a fortified ; the [G3588] and [G1161] its glory [G1391][G1473] greatly [G3173] overshadows [G1982].
- Before [G4253] destruction
is raised up high [G5312] heart [G2588] of a man , and [G2532] before [G4253] glory [G1391] it is humbled [G5013].
- The one who [G3739] answers
a word [G3056] before [G4250] hearing [the matter , folly to him [G1473] it is and [G2532] scorn [G3681].
- rage [G2372] of a man
calms attendant [G2324] An intelligent [G5429]; but a faint hearted [G3642][G1161] man , who [G5100] can endure [G5297].
- heart [G2588] of an intelligent [man [G5429] acquires [G2932] perception
; and ears [G3775][G1161] of wise [G4680] seek [G2212] insight [G1771].
- A gift [G1390] of a man
widens him [G1473]; and [G2532] by [G3844] monarchs [G1413] sits him [G1473].
- A just man [G1342], of himself [G1438] [is] an accuser [G2725] at [G1722] beginning of speaking
; but when [G5613][G1161] ever demands attention [G1911] the [G3588] opponent he is reproved [G1651].
ceases [G3973] lot [G2819], and among [G1722][G1161] monarchs [G1413] it defines the bounds [G3724].
- A brother
by [G5259] a brother being helped [is] as [G5613] city [G4172] fortified and [G2532] a high [G5308]; and is strong [G2480][G1161] as [G5618] a well founded [G2311] palace .
fruits [G2590] of mouth [G4750] a man fills [G4130] his belly [G2836][G1473]; and from [G1161] fruits [G2590] of his lips [G5491][G1473] he will be filled up [G1705].
- Death [G2288] and [G2532] life [G2222] [are] in [G1722] handle [G5495] of tongue [G1100]; and the [G3588] [ones] [G1161] holding [G2902] it [G1473] will eat [G2068] of the [G3588] its fruits [G2590][G1473].
- The one who [G3739] found [G2147] wife [G1135] a good
, found [G2147] favors [G5484]; and he received [G2983][G1161] from [G3844] Boss '[G2962] happiness [G2432]. one who [G3739] casts out [G1544] woman [G1135] a good , casts out [G1544] the [G3588] good [things] ; but one the [G3588][G1161] holding on to [G2722] an adulteress [G3428] [is] foolish and [G2532] impious .
- of supplications [G1162] utter sounds [G5350] needy [G3993]; but the [G3588][G1161] rich [G4145] [man] responds
- A man
[having] friends [G2083] [is] for [G4314] friendship ; and [G2532] there is a friend [G5384] cleaving to [G4347] over [G5228] a brother .